Monday, January 19, 2009

A little closer...

I can't help but feel a little giddy today.

Today on the day we celebrate the life and legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King, I can't help but smile as I prepare to watch an African-American get sworn in as United States President.

Wow.

Times are a changin'

I honestly never thought I'd see this in my lifetime.

But as I look at soon to be President Obama, I feel like we are a little closer to the realization of the dream of a king.

And as I look at my newborn son, I see limitless possibilities for his future.

The obstacles that hindered people of color for generations are eroding, and opportunities that were previously thought unavailable to even MY generation are now attainable to our children.

Use this inspirational season of change to reassess what you thought was impossible.

If the son of an African immigrant can get elected to the most powerful office in the world, what can't you do?

"Can't" shouldn't be in your vocabulary after 12 noon Tuesday.

You can make it happen, today, tomorrow, and everyday after.

Yes you can.

www.hometeamfitness.net

1 comment:

KimLevin said...

Beautifully said, my friend!